Direct Deposit Information
UC Davis employees are encouraged to receive their pay through direct deposit. Participation in this environmentally-friendly payment preference includes the following benefits:
- Provides safe and secure methods of payment to employees
- Improves service delivery to employees and campus departments
- Availability of funds on payday
- Support "go green" sustainability efforts
Employees enjoy the convenience of having pay deposited to their preferred bank account. No more trips to the bank to deposit or cash your paycheck!
Direct Deposit can take up to 30 calendar days to take effect. While the direct deposit enrollment is in the processing stage, please work with your department payroll representative or service center for paycheck pick-up.
This is the fastest way for most employees to enroll in direct deposit. Below are step-by-step instructions for enrolling:
- Login to the Direct Deposit site using your campus ID and passphrase
- Select the Enroll/Change tab
- Choose Payroll Direct Deposit by clicking the radio button
- Provide your email address if not filled in by system
- Copy account information by selecting another enrollment of direct deposit already in place, and press Copy button, OR
- Manually complete the Bank Name, Routing Number, Account Type, and Account Number fields
- Press Submit button, email message will verify enrollment was received
- Follow up with your department payroll coordinator 2-3 weeks after enrolling online to confirm your enrollment is in progress and for an activation date
Sometimes online enrollment isn't possible, or you receive an error message when trying to enroll online. There is an alternative that takes no additional processing time. Use the paper form entitled UPAY 1 - Pay Disposition on the Payroll Forms web page.
- Fax form and voided check to Payroll Services at (530) 757-8597, OR
- Mail form and voided check to Payroll Services through campus mail, OR
- Drop off form and voided check in person at 1441 Research Park Drive, in south Davis
Assistance with any of this information can be found through the PPS Help Desk by calling (530) 752-7750 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org